About Us

icon-about us

Our History

The Fairport is a new restaurant in Rochester, Pennsylvania that replaces the Hilltop Restaurant which closed in early 2014. The Fairport is owned and operated by Regal Enterprises, Inc. and has been beautifully remodeled inside including a higher end cigar bar.

The Fairport name was chosen for the new restaurant because of its history with the area. What became known as Rochester has had several different names in the past. In the eighteenth century the Rochester area was referred to as “Logan’s Town” in recognition of Chief Logan of the Mingo Indian village located on the banks of the Ohio River and what was then known as the Big Beaver Creek. The name Logan’s Town declined in

use, and the area became known as “Fairport”. The name “East Bridgewater” appears on land deeds around 1834 and seems to have been applied to the part of town directly across the Beaver River from Bridgewater. Fairport is used on a deed dated 1836, and probably referred to another part of the settlement, although by the next year the Fairport name seems to have been applied to the place as a whole. The name “Rochester” is of uncertain origin. One of the histories of Beaver County gives the honor of naming the town to Ovid Pinney. Another story suggests that Mitchell Hammond, who kept a grocery store on Water Street, gave the name to the town.

pure

100%
pure

simple

100%
made from scratch

fresh

100%
simple

Contact Us

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Location

318 New York Avenue
Rochester, PA 15074

Mon – Sat: 11AM – 4PM - Lunch
Mon – Thurs: 4PM – 9PM - Dinner
Fri - Sat: 4PM - 10PM - Dinner
Mon – Thurs: 11AM – 11PM - Bar
Fri - Sat: 11AM - 12AM - Bar

Follow us